8/7/08

The Big Day!














Well today was his first day of Pre-k. We went to school on Tuesday evening to meet his teacher and other classmates and the kids just played together for a while. He has two or three kids from his daycare class that are in his pre-k class this year so he was thrilled that his "boys" were there. His teacher is such a sweetie and he loves her already. He woke up this morning with such excitement! He was just about ready to burst. He has been waiting for this day for months and he was ready for it.! We left around 7:15 this morning and when we were in the drop off line he just could not wait to get out of that truck...I was SO proud of my independent, brave little child. We got to the front of the line, he hopped out, went with his teacher and didn't look back. I have never felt SO heavy-hearted since becoming a mother, to see my baby with such courage. It is such an emotional moment. I couldn't help but remember at that moment when my 19 year old nephew climbed on that big bus for the first time and my sister was crying just like I did and what did I do? I laughed at her for crying. I was not a mother yet and I thought it was funny. Boy, do I know now. Sorry Sis!...... Dad couldn't wait to hear how it went but Mom was crying so much she couldn't even tell him. I could not wait until this afternoon to pick him up. He ran to the truck with the same beautiful smile he left with this morning.! He said he had a GREAT day and now he is big!!! He couldn't wait to call dad and tell him about his day. I know he will have a great year!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look's like he had a great day at school. He is such a big man going to class by himself with his teacher and looking back. I am sure Mommy cried all day long, but not to worry looks like he will do just fine. My how time has gone by he is already in school. Noah have a great day at school tomorrow.

Noah's Tauntie

Dominick's Mommy said...

Aawww, I've been thinking about Noah's first day this week. I'm so glad Noah did well. I know it had to be hard for you though. It is so sad and scary how fast they grow up.

Anonymous said...

1st day of school. Where has the time gone. It's seems literally only yesterday we were at the airport waiting to see our little blessing for the 1st time. SO very proud of the lil man he is becoming so quickly, with a wonderful moma and daddy as his role models...We are so blessed to have such a great family...healthy happy and so much love for each other. Good times....

Robin