8/17/10

First Grade!

Hello all! As promised, a few pics from his first day of first grade! He was excited and a little bit nervous on his first day. He was ready for school to start so that he could see his friends..and his most favorite girl..Emma! We went to a school picnic a few days before school started. The kids were all a little shy..after all, it has been a whole summer apart!.Well, Emma's family was sitting near us and Noah and Emma were glancing at each other...the ice finally broke and they ran off to play....Oh so cute..Noah has Miss Nicole this year. He already loves her. I know this will be a great year...so many blessings!
His teacher sent home a "get to know you" paper bag and asked that the kids to place things in the bag that were important to them and would help her get to know them. Well Noah was pumped because through out his Kindergarten year, they NEVER had show and tell and he wanted show and tell really bad! Well..we have a Curio(?) cabinet in our living room dedicated to his birth country and his adoption..He went straight to it...There is a hand carved knife made by mayans in it and that was the first thing he reached for!!!! I laughed my butt off....I can just see my child now...bringing a knife to school in first grade!!!! He told me it was important to him and that's why he wanted to bring it...well he settled on a few other things in his cabinet..I was super proud of him because he didn't load up his bag with just toys...he wanted to bring things from Guatemala...Sha my baby boy! I wish I could be a little bird to hear what he tells his class about his things. He was practicing with me and he did great!
He is finishing up his Little Ninja program in Karate, which lasted about 18 months and is now moving on to the Black Belt Club for bigger kids..He is super excited..WHY YOU ASK? He gets weapons to train with.. My walls will never be the same! who cares! a little paint and we are good to go! I give you an update when the first hole appears in the sheet rock!! Hope everyone is well!

arriving at Nana's for some breakfast!

Nothing like pancakes and coffee milk! (and
cartoons to his left which I was interrupting..lol)

This was actually from Pre-K..Look at that
little baby face and how much he has grown
matured....sigh...

Kindergarten year...sigh

1st grade!!...His shorts that he
is wearing are from last year..the picture
above...He really has grown over
the summer! sigh!

No comments: