That is what we have always been told.....I LOVE my God! I trust with all of my heart, without a doubt, that he knows my heart and what I need and what my family needs. Tonight I sit here thinking of two families....I have followed their journeys....I have never met these families although I feel like they are a part of my life! I know them from the adoption community. We all have beautiful Guatemalan born children. We all had the same dream...to be able to have a child to love...God blessed us with that gift. Two little girls, Carmen and Aviana ,are heavily on my mind. Some months after Carmen finally made it to her forever home, she was diagnosed with Tay Sachs Disease. A terrible disease that very quickly took her sight and hearing..well it actually took EVERYTHING from her..a beautiful little girl...tonight her parents sit by her side waiting for her to die..It is her time to meet God and be whole again..to be healed. This family is amazing..Their faith is so unwavering even in this darkest time...I pray for Carmen and her family...please give them the peace that they will need to say goodbye to their baby and all the dreams they had for her.
Aviana is the precious little girl I have posted about some time ago. She was hit by a car while out with her grandparents last year. She suffered a severe head injury...Her family is also amazing. They refuse to let any Doctor determine Avi's future. They educated themselves about the amazing brain and they are determined to give Avi everything ...I mean everything they have...She has come SO far..because of her family. She has a long way to go BUT I have no doubt that she will get there. She is a fighter....a little brave fighter...and so is her mommy. These families lives have taken such a differant turn. Not anything like they imagined their families to be. I pray for Avi's grandparents....I think of them often too....
I KNOW that God placed these children with their families for a reason. He knows what he is doing. Follow their blogs. You will know exactly what I mean. It just makes me so sad for them BUT is also makes me so appreciative for every bit that I have. Don't sweat the small stuff...Does it really matter is there is not a space on the living room floor that you can walk on because of all the toys? Nope...and soooooooo many little things that seem important but they are so NOT! Don't sweat the small stuff....Please remember them when you are praying.
Avi's blog button is to the right....click on it!
Carmen's blog is www.beautifulcanvas.org
As I sit here thinking about them...I also think that I will have a few questions when I make it up there!
P.S. I will post pics and first grader update soon!
8/13/10
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment